“Dumbledore’s Army-Fighting the Power: Media Ownership, Fandom, and the Harry Potter Franchise”
- Publication on Moveable Type: University of Virginia Undergraduate Research Journal
- Focused on copyright and ownership of fan-created work relating to the Harry Potter series
- A collections of posts & musings for “Community Organizations & the Arts” class with Carey Sargent at the University of Virginia
- Posts relate back to class discussion and readings
Website Creator (juliadrewniak.com-personal website/portfolio)
- November 2010-Present
- Blogging on issues of digital/media/reading literacy, education, fashion/culture, social/digital media and personal topics/experiences as appropriate for audience (Generation Y, Millennials, Teens, Young Adults)
Some of the videos I worked on while an intern at BrainLine.org. I uploaded the tapes, edited the footage down into clips, and added appropriate transitions/titles.
2008 Class Video Project
A film which highlights the best of the Class of ’08.
Facebook: Friend or Folly
A class project where we took the Facebook platform of 2007/2008 and translated it into real world experience.
A commercial for Catholic Student Ministry’s formal dance, feature Niru De Silva and other CSM students. This was my favorite out of the 3 commericals made.
A commercial for Catholic Student Ministry’s formal dance, featuring some of the gentlemen of CSM.
Link to Top
Ask the Expert- UVA UCS
- Project for UVA’s University Career Services
- Created video clips from longer interview explaining services the Career Services offers
- Incorporated branding from UVA UCS website
Brain Injury Partners PILOT Training Program
- Project for BrainLine.org
- Took curriculum from Brain Injury Partners and created Prezi presentation
- Allows users to play through as slideshow, or explore on their own
- Final Prezi Project as turned in to BrainLine
- Missing Videos
Documentary Film: “Filming on Adrenaline”
- Outlined, filmed, and edited 10 minute documentary over course of semester.
- Follows a team of 3 high school students in the Adrenaline Film Competition (part of the Virginia Film Festival), which gives teams 72 hours to make a five minute film from start to finish based on assigned film genre, prop, line of dialogue.
A teaser for Filming on Adrenaline.
Interactive Digital Media Project
- Created YouTube video blog content from scratch and utilized various social media outlets to connect with audience and to advertise new posts
- Detailed the entire process through short class papers
- Put together a final presentation to present to classmates and professor
- Project for “Media, Society & Culture” class with Carey Sargent at the University of Virginia